Madison County, New York
Industrial Development Agency
Madison County focuses its economic development efforts among several carefully selected target industries:
- Madison County’s manufacturing industry benefits from the region’s strong work ethic, the availability of manufacturing workers, and competitive wages relative to other areas of the state. Our communities have a history in, and a knowledgeable workforce that is already trained in advanced manufacturing.
- Its central location and access to interstates, rail, air transport and barge are the driving factors behind Madison County’s attractive logistics, warehousing and distribution industry.
- Agriculture has deep roots in Madison County, and it has achieved a diversification in dairy processing, meat processing, renewable energy (biomass) and many other agricultural industries.
- Low cost rents and a strong pool of available labor make call centers and back office operations a natural fit.
- More than any other county in New York, Madison County is at the forefront of the renewable energy industry, including wind power generation, methane (landfill gas utilization) and feedstock production.
- Many people first visit Madison County as a tourist, and tourism has become a major regional driver, demonstrated by per-capita tourism revenues that are second highest of seven contingent counties.
Contact us to learn more about the advantages of growing your business in Madison County, New York.
Square feet, office space and manufacturing floor…