Madison County, New York
Industrial Development Agency
Logistics / Warehousing / Distribution
Madison County, New York located near the crossroads of I-90 and I-81 is the smart location for your next warehouse or distribution center with :
- Over 20 million people live within 500 miles of Madison County, New York, providing excellent access to markets without the high costs, risk, and congestion of these urban areas.
- Our locational advantages include ready access to interstate highways, Class I rail, air transport, and the Port of Oswego.
- Labor costs for typical logistics/warehousing/distribution occupations are up to 50% lower than for New York State as a whole (see below).
- Despite New York State’s reputation as a union-heavy state, Madison County has a low unionization rate and has not experienced a private business labor strike in at least the past 30 years.
- Madison County has dozens of available sites & buildings.
- Lease rates are favorable, with existing warehouse space at $1.50 - $3,00/square foot NNN and existing production/industrial space leasing at $1.50-$3.00/square foot NNN.
Median Hourly Wage of Logistics/Warehousing/Distribution Centers
Standard Occupational Classification
Syracuse MSA (includes Madison County)
Utica - Rome MSA
New York State
Truck Drivers, Heavy and Tractor Trailers
Truck Drivers, Light or Heavy Services
Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics May 2011 Metropolitan Area Occupational Employment and Wage estimates
Contact us to learn more about the advantages of growing your business in Madison County, New York.
Square feet, office space and manufacturing floor…